Dehradun is an all year round tourist attraction with cool winters, warm summers and crisp mild monsoons.
- Summers (March to June) have a maximum temperature of 35 °C and a minimum of 17 °C. Most of the tourists prefer this period for visiting Dehradun.
- Monsoons (July to September) offer mild to medium rainfall during which the destination looks more attractive.
- Winters (December to February) have a maximum of 22 °C and a minimum of about 3 °C. Snowfalls are common feature during this season (Mussoorie). Best time to visit Dehradun is all through the year. Tourists may keep off days of hard winter and heavy snowfalls, usually in January.
- March to June is ideal for all sight-seeing and other activities.
- July to September is perfect for short trips and also good for enjoying the natural scenic beauties.
- October to February is offers cool climate and ideal for family trips. This period is good with snowfall and is the period of flowering in Dehradun and Mussoorie.